Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Alert

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Mohawk Valley

Oswego fire sends one to the hospital

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Oswego fire sends one to the hospital
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

OSWEGO, N.Y. -- Officials say unattended food on a stove likely sparked a house fire in Oswego Thursday morning. Crews were called to 195 West 8th Street around 1 a.m.

One man was able to get himself and his dog out of the home, and was taken to the hospital for treatment. Their condition is not known at this time.

Officials say the fire started in the back of the home, but weather conditions made it hard to put out the flames.

"High winds did hamper our efforts somewhat and our main concern became after the original structure was the adjacent structure to the south," said Chief Jeffrey McCrobie, Oswego Fire Department.

The home is a total loss. A neighbor's home also receive minor damage.

10.11.12.245 ClientIP: 50.17.86.12, 23.15.9.92 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP