Friday, August 22, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Mohawk Valley

Boy Scouts delay decision

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Boy Scouts delay decision
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

UNITED STATES -- The Boy Scouts of America's national executive board has wrapped up three days of meetings, but a decision on lifting its ban on gay scouts and leaders is not expected until May.

BSA is considering a change in its policy.

Under the proposal, religious and civic groups that charter each local troop would choose for themselves whether to allow gay leaders and members. The organization has faced pressure to end the ban through dwindling donations and membership numbers.

Regardless of the decision reached in May, individual troops will still have the power to uphold the ban.

10.11.12.247 ClientIP: 54.167.176.106, 23.3.13.183 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP